When you need your heating or air conditioning repaired, if you’re not familiar with the company, you’re at the mercy of whoever’s ad caught your eye. So you can hold your breath and hope they’re amazing at their job, or you can choose someone with credentials to back up their claims.
NATE stands for North American Technical Excellence, and it ensures just that. They are the country’s largest non-profit certification organization for HVAC technicians. So what’s the big deal about this certification?
Today’s HVAC systems are increasingly technologically sophisticated. The NATE certification tests are nationally recognized and developed and supported by all segments of the heating ventilation and air-conditioning industry, according to their website.
NATE-Certified Technicians Can Provide These Benefits
- Proper installation and maintenance of your HVAC system – When someone is dealing with complex technology in today’s HVAC systems, you want your tech to be the best in their field. This certification ensures you’re getting the best of the best, with the most up-to-date training available.
- Fewer warranty returns and callbacks – When it comes to the comfort, health benefits and safety your heating and cooling system provide, the last thing you want is a warranty return or a call back to fix something that wasn’t done correctly the first time. NATE-certified techs do things correctly the first time around so that you don’t have to worry about workmanship defects.
- The most efficient service – NATE-certified techs have proven their knowledge and their commitment to their profession, so it’s no wonder they provide the best customer service. They’ve worked hard to achieve this certification, so it’s no wonder they’re willing to go the extra mile for their customers.
- Peace of mind for consumers – You wouldn’t go see a doctor without an MD hanging on the wall. That piece of paper certifies that you’re in good hands. This is the MD of our profession. This certification lets you rest easy knowing your investment in your HVAC system is in good hands.
- Up-to-date knowledge and advice – Just like all the technology around us, HVAC systems are ever-evolving. NATE-certified techs get up-to-date education about this changing technology so they know the best available options to install in your home.
- Peak efficiency for you system – Having a properly installed and maintained system can save you money on your utility bills because it’s running at peak efficiency.
The History of NATE
NATE has been certifying technicians for over 20 years. Back in 1997, there was a major issue in the HVAC business. HVAC manufacturers were receiving returns of equipment that weren’t defective because it was improperly installed. This cost everyone money, from the manufacturers and companies to the consumers.
NATE was developed to help get the proper training to people in the field and ensure quality for consumers.
There are over 34,000 certified techs in North America and that number is growing all the time.
In a booming industry that projects major growth, it’s important to have a gold standard for training and certification. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, the industry was projected to grow 15 percent by 2026.
All of our technicians at W.G. Speeks are NATE certified because quality matters to us! Contact us today to have our skilled technicians help you!